Wednesday 20 July 2011

Twinny Quilts

In January of this year, I pledged a handmade quilt as a raffle prize for a forum I used whilst expecting my youngest son, Arthur.

The lady who won it is FABULOUS and I was pregnant at the same time as her - but she had double the joy when she gave birth to two handsome and adorable little boys, Henry and Archie.

I said I would make her a quilt each for the boys, to snuggle in their pram.

I got off to FLYING START!


....Then it all kind of came undone, one thing after another with home, suppliers of fleece, ribbon, you name it - and it shamefully fell by the wayside.

Bless the mama though, she has been so, so, SO patient with me - and last month I finished ONE quilt. *shameface*

They have both turned out MUCH bigger than I had originally planned... I don't know why I get so carried away when making them and they end up huge - probably because I always do a patchwork middle then piece on a border, which is inevitably massively bigger than it should be... oh well!

Here, is Archie's ....


 And here are some snaps of the process so far...

It started with choosing some squares!

Then laying out the squares and experimenting...

Before sewing, and voilĂ !


There was one little helper who was very keen on these quilts, especially the animal print fleece I used for the backing (and eventually the edging too due to the ribbon crisis!)

He had it laid out on the floor all afternoon - I think it might need another iron before I finish Henry's and post them off!!

Anyway, there you have it - 6 MONTHS later than they should be, and I am halfway done - Henry's quilt top is also finished, his is blue patchwork squares, with a red border.

 But more to come on his as I complete it!

1 comment:

  1. At 6 months late, it's a good thing they are bigger!

    ReplyDelete