Tuesday 17 May 2011

Starflower block

Well I've done one already!

I had  a quiet afternoon with just Arthur at home, so I thought I'd have a go at a starflower block.

It's pretty rough and ready - but I'm pleased it didn't take too long.  I'm going to make a scrappy block quilt, trying out a few different ones, and possibly getting the kids involved too!

Here are the photos - nothing spectacular, all taken on my camera phone, but you get the idea and can see just how 'rough and ready' my approach to quilting is!!




As usual, I end up with wonky bits <sigh>













Oh and this, btw - is my sewing machine.

£50 of finest supermarket sewing kit there!

That'll do for now I think, two posts in one day is a little excessive for me ;-)

Emma

9 comments:

  1. You're off to a good start and I LOVE your header! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs A! I have just blogged about the patchwork in the header :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't done this, it would make blogging a lot easier. When you get comments, they will come to your email and you won't have to check your blog for them. Just a suggestion.

    Go to your dashboard and click Settings - Comments. Down the page you'll see "Comments Notification Email". Enter your email address and then click on 'Save Settings'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also... You can set up your profile to allow people to click "reply" and respond via email back to you. If you'd like to change your settings, then here's how to do it:


    1. Go to your Blogger Dashboard and click on Edit Profile.

    2. When the window pops up, make sure and click the box "show my email address."

    3. Enter your email address.

    4. Then make sure to click SAVE PROFILE at the bottom of the page.

    This doesn't randomly show your email to every Tom, Dick & Harry, but it allows you to interact with people that comment to your blog.

    Unless someone knows to click on Subscribe by email, to each post, they have to come back later to see if you responded. Enabling email is much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! I shall do that now - any more words of bloggy wisdom to impart ? Much appreciated :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I hope I wasn't being too bold, by suggesting it. Personally, I could have hugged the gal that told me about this, when I was getting started. Made things so much easier! I try my best to pay it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have, so thank you again :-) I hope to become a bit more able with this blogging lark when time allows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh - may I add my thanks to Ms A. I have just started blogging, inspired by my lovely daughter here, and your advice has been fabulous :)
    Thank you - I am gradually getting the hang of this, and one day might actually blog something worth reading LOL

    ReplyDelete